Random House Struik has launched the eGuide to Mammals of Southern Africa mobile app.
A new Natural History app, eGuide to Mammals of Southern Africa comes shortly after the release of another bestseller app Sasol eBirds of Southern Africa.
eGuide to Mammals is based on Struik Nature’s Field Guide to Mammals of Southern Africa, and offers interactive features that will enrich your wildlife experience.
App Features include:
- Each of the over 350 species found in the region has a detailed text description
- Most species have multiple hi-res photographs, distribution maps, animal-human size comparison, spoor drawings and skull photographs
- A few of the species also have audible calls
- Quickly find a species by looking up its track type, grouped with similar tracks
- A compare feature that lets you view two species at the same time on the same screen
- The ability to easily find a species using either common or scientific names and in taxonomic or alphabetic order
- A personal record of mammal sightings that can be exported to your storage card or email